[iDC] Replacing Facebook

Lilly Irani lirani at cs.stanford.edu
Sun May 23 01:40:05 UTC 2010

Andreas,

Thanks for the quick reply. Having 3 big providers isn't ideal to those of
us who value decentralization, but 3 big providers who let you download your
mail to your computer and who you can switch from at the drop of a hat (esp
if those providers catch forwarded mail) still feels a lot better than
facebook's inflexible, promiscuously data-sharing walled garden. I think
having the option to export and the option to switch without losing contact
with people would mean a lot to some of us.

~lilly