[iDC] the exploited...

Nicholas Ruiz III editor at intertheory.org
Thu Jun 11 12:55:45 UTC 2009

Interesting thoughts/introductions, thanks for your time everyone...

Didacticism aside...however sincere...what is the use value of a concept like 'the exploited'? ...unless one plans to argue for a tiered system of exploitation, even while calling it something else - is the janitor exploited? the subway clerk? professional surfer? hollywood actress? homeless actor? university professor? students? the mgmt. of xyz corp.? lily allen?

...in other words, the endpoint of such a criticism regarding the terms of 'the exploited,' leaves us with what exactly, in the end? A politics of exploitation? A calculus of acceptable levels of exploitation, in opposition to unacceptable levels of exploitation? Who decides? And have we already, decided? Are we always, in the process of in-decision? Or rather, it is undecidable, as an ethical aporia?

pax et lux

 Nicholas Ruiz III, Ph.D
Editor, Kritikos
http://intertheory.org