[iDC] introductions

Orit Halpern halperno at newschool.edu
Mon Jun 16 21:14:55 UTC 2014

Hello Everyone,
I am looking forward to the conference. I was a fond participant in the
2009 event.

I am an assistant professor at the New School in Historical Studies and
in the Design Studies MA program at Parsons. My work is on histories of
big data, cybernetics, and interactivity.  Currently, I work a lot on
ubiquitous computing, responsive environments, and smart cities,
particularly in East Asia. I also work on histories of intelligence, all
forms--CIA, neuro-science, financial agents, neural nets--many of which
are linked.

At the conference, I will be presenting a history of agent based
intelligence/modelling, and the transformations of crowds into clouds.
Its part of a new book project I am doing titled /Strange Agency/:/A
History of Post-War Intelligence.

/If you want to know more, you can check my website: www.orithalpern.net

I look forward to the conference and meeting everyone!
Take care,
-Orit

--
Dr. Orit Halpern