[iDC] Elaine Savory

Elaine Savory savorye at newschool.edu
Thu Oct 6 01:14:48 UTC 2011

I teach at Eugene Lang College, in the Literary Studies Department. I have published widely on Caribbean and African literatures, especially poetry, drama and theater, women's writing and literary history. I co-edited the first feminist collection of essays on Caribbean literature (Out of the Kumbla: Women and Caribbean Literature). I have written two books on Jean Rhys for Cambridge University Press, and also a volume of poetry (flame tree time). I am completing a book on elegiac poetry in the shadow of empire, as well as editing the work of two Caribbean writers (Edmund Austin and Bruce St. John) and  the MLA teaching Approaches to Kamau Brathwaite. I am very pleased to be part of this innovative conference, and look forward to learning a lot!