[iDC] Is there a future for the pubklic libraries?

Rolf Hapel hapel at aarhus.dk
Fri Jul 1 17:37:16 UTC 2011

Hi Anya,

I can recognize your description of public library functionalities as being free internet cafées and afterschool gathering places for children also from Danish experiences, but - depending of course to a certain degree of the nature of the community - also as a democratic space for meetings, workshops, gatherings, gaming, learning and listening much of which is organized by civic society activists in the community. I look forward to read about the LearnerWeb in your e-book.

Rolf