[iDC] hello all

Douglas Rushkoff rushkoff at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 00:14:20 UTC 2009

I've been trying to keep up with all that's going on here. Hi
Christiane! And hi Jonathan! (I know - I have to call that gentleman
about getting up to Berkman for a brownbag.)  My own complication has
been a mom on her deathbed, and no other family around. But I'm sorry
not to have been participating more actively.

I'm no longer exactly sure what I'm going to speak about, as the last
hundred or so emails on the list pretty well summarize my own
headspace on issues of digital labor. I may go back and look at money
as a medium, just to make sure that is all on the table for other
discussions. Without recognizing the biases of centralized currency,
extraction of value from labor doesn't really have a context.

Or maybe the successive disconnects from the real, and how digital
technology seems poised to disconnect us further.

In any case, I'm looking forward to this one - and haven't said that
(honestly, anyway) about a conference in many many years.