[iDC] Strategic usage of folksonomies: a case study

Simon Biggs s.biggs at eca.ac.uk
Thu Jan 15 08:40:28 UTC 2009

Hi John

Of course what you say is the case, and there are tragic consequences. If
you read Garcia or Ortiz you will find that their arguments emerge out of
their concerns about colonial and post-colonial cultural imperialism. Ortiz,
in particular, writes eloquently about the impact of the tobacco and sugar
trades on Cuban society. In my referencing these authors I am also taking
into account these concerns.

Regards

Simon

Simon Biggs
Research Professor
edinburgh college of art
s.biggs at eca.ac.uk
www.eca.ac.uk
www.eca.ac.uk/circle/

simon at littlepig.org.uk
www.littlepig.org.uk
AIM/Skype: simonbiggsuk

Edinburgh College of Art (eca) is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC009201