[iDC] 1. Some notes on value...

Janet Hawtin lucychili at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 22:26:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 2:43 AM, Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> wrote:

>  >  But where is any kind of open design activity including software that has
>  >  managed to really engage in a substantial and productive dialogue with
>  >  users, distributors, supportes,  that outperforms and outrules IP based
>  >  competition in a complete field of human production? What would we need to
>  >  get there?

There are projects which are looking at accessibility and usability in open code
Fluid is one
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/UX+Accessibility+Working+Group

The UK open university also collaborates directly with open projects
on accessibility and usability.

Open code is generally based on open standards and the standards
processes include contributors from multiple perspectives.

The orca project is specifically around accessible aspects of the gnome desktop.

I guess people find what they are looking for?

Janet