[iDC] Will you delete your Feedburner account?

Burak Arikan arikan at media.mit.edu
Thu Jun 7 15:19:40 EDT 2007

Hi Alex,

I understand your point about the difference between data and
information. I think the Boston Computer Exchange Price Report is a
good example to understand the difference better and how this
aggregation / filtering technique is now inherited and became
ubiquitous. Considering today's complex flow of information I find it
important to dig in how value and labor is evaluated. I think we
should look at the context more particularly rather than generalizing
what is data what is information. Are these data or information?

* A link in Delicious.

* A tag describing a picture in Flickr.

* A comment reacting to a YouTube video.

* A story in Digg.

* Some text describing how I am connected to my friends in Facebook
(same college, same company, met in such club etc).

The problems of capital are deeply examined in the history, so I
don't feel like talking about it at all. I can only say that I don't
appreciate giant things.

the pioneers of the web (from Tim Berners-Lee's original browser to
Marc Anderseen's Mosaic)[*]. This openness feature, affording to look
inside, helped me learn HTML like many other kids in the world, which
later changed my life.

Today I think what we need is something as simple as this: "View Data".

burak

[*] Open Source Paradigm Shift, 2004, Tim O'Reilly. http://
tim.oreilly.com/articles/paradigmshift_0504.html