[iDC] THE ANTI WEB 2.0 MANIFESTO

sergio basbaum sbasbaum at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 12:24:24 EDT 2007

Thanks for this Craig. I absolutely agree. All that maniphesto is so
presumtuous and thinks itself as too important, but is truly naive.

This idea of the web "killing" culture makes no sense. The web is not
killing culture: it is culture. Contemporary culture, indeed, in which
new cultural forms are emerging. All this Adorno thing makes no sense
since a long time ago... If it was for us to take Adorno that far,
what would we make with all non-European cultural forms like Brazilian
popular music -- to say the least? Is it a decadence of true high -art
cultural expressions? It cannot be tought this way.

I`m myself taken for some as a technophobic -- which of course I'm not
--, and I've been working on a lot of critical insights concerning
technological culture.  But someone who cannot understand that
technological culture is contemporary culture has a very narrow vision
of what the word "culture" means...

best for all

S.