[iDC] Embodiment is about action in context

mafox mafox at foxlin.com
Fri Sep 29 23:58:08 EDT 2006

Usman/ very well put as usual.

Do you think you could clarify with a real example or two in architecture -
say a real life example - in a home or in a work environment?
I also wonder where you think "adaptive control" would fit into "ill-defined
goals" I tend to appreciate adaptive systems (predictive as they may be in
their sensing) for their ability to learn from a persons particular
behaviors - or, I suppose general behaviors. Would such behaviors be a layer
controlling the direction of the "conversations".   It would me help if you
could give your definition of "productive"

PS.   I think we should not also completely dismiss today's "so-called
interactive systems".   While they certainly are circular pre-defined
reactions, they are sometimes very valuable from a pragmatic standpoint
especially if they are mediating numerous data sets that are just too
difficult or impossible for us to control on our own. Sometimes with other
living things I do not want a conversation - I simply want to be in control.
Sometimes I want to play unpredictably with my dog, and sometimes I just
want him to sit in a particular place in the corner and shut-up.

/Michael