[iDC] Architecture and Situated Technologies

Adriene Jenik ajenik at ucsd.edu
Mon Jul 3 13:37:56 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I have been enjoying this list for awhile, but often too caught up in
other things to jump in on the discussions. But the list has opened
up a number of issues around which I am concerned and trying to work
with as an artist.

My current project SPECFLIC, is a form I'm calling "speculative
distributed cinema" (also, starting to call it distracted cinema) and
is an attempt to experiment with many of the questions it seems your
workshop is posing. I'm attempting to create layers or zones of a
story experience using a combination of cinematic projections, live
performance, cell phone interaction, radio, and public architectures.
Each version is held in a new public architectural space & has a new
story that eminates from that encounter. The current version will be
launched August 9 at the San Jose Public Libraruy as part of ISEA06
and the Zero1 San Jose festival. Here is a link to a short description
http://01sj.org/content/view/401/49/

I'm looking forward to the discussions that occur on the list, and
will try & find time to contribute my own experiences thus far (the
1.0 version occurred in Oct 2005) where appropriate.

Adriene Jenik