[thingist] ETC Grants Program Changes & Other News

sherry miller etc at experimentaltvcenter.org
Fri Sep 23 13:43:37 UTC 2011

The Experimental Television Center is happy to announce that our
electronic media arts grants programs have been given new homes. The
*Technical Assistance Program*will be managed by free103point9
<http://www.free103point9.org/>. The *Presentation Funds* and *Finishing
Funds* Programs will be administered by The Arts Council of the Southern
Finger Lakes <http://www.earts.org/>.

ETC has been administering the Presentation Funds and Finishing Funds
Programs since 1989, and the Technical Assistance Program since 1998. It
has been an honor and a privilege to have had the opportunity to work
with all of you over the years. ETC would also like to thank Electronic
Media and Film at the New York State Council on the Arts which has
steadily supported our efforts to help the media arts flourish.

ETC isn't going away, but rather refocusing our programs. We have
redesigned the ETC website <http://www.experimentaltvcenter.org/>, so if
you haven't visited in awhile, please take a look. We will be spending
more time on the development of the Video History Project and working on
preservation activities with our partner organizations at Migrating
Media <http://migratingmedianet.org/>.

/Experimental Television Center: 1969 -- 2009 /(5 DVD set with catalog),
is an anthology of video art works created through the Residency Program
since its inception in 1969 and includes the works of about 100 media
artists. The collection was featured in 2011 at Anthology Film Archives.
It was named top 100 DVDs for 2010 by LUX, the influential arts
organization in London, UK. In 2011 the collection was named by LUX as
one of 50 essential moving-image artists DVDs
<http://www.lux.org.uk/blog/50-essential-artists-moving-image-dvds>in
publication. The collection is available through the well-known
distributor of contemporary art Electronic Arts Intermix
<http://www.eai.org/artistBio.htm?id=13107>.

The complete library of artists' works at ETC is being archived at the
Rose Goldsen Archive of New Media
<http://goldsen.library.cornell.edu/special/etc.php>. Under the
sponsorship of the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections at the
Carl Kroch Library at Cornell University, the archive is curated by Dr.
Tim Murray, Director of Graduate Studies in Comparative Literature and
Director for the Society for the Humanities at Cornell. The mission is
to digitize the collection and provide multiple levels of access to the
works and study materials for people internationally.

We are excited about the future and look forward to staying in touch
with all of you.

Ralph, Sherry, Hank and Dave