[thingist] proposed text for THE THING wikipedia page

Jerome Joy joy at thing.net
Wed Jul 21 18:15:15 UTC 2010

Hi Joseph,

was not online, but no time today to write a reply.
but ok, I'm here now ;-), you can edit the page and make some
corrections or improve the presentation I began.
As I told you, this editing was a draft ready for a further
exploration and writing. Most of things come out from copy/paste of
various texts, messages, archives, etc. I have compiled along the years.

I'm sure that we can develop a better text and presentation.

Are you all ok to participate to the wiki ?
My proposition is to write a series of texts, based on interviews,
archives' probing, etc. which can offer various aspects of TT :
documentation, studies, essays, notes, reports, etc.
A large part could concern graphic (and sound) documentation (photos,
videos, etc.).
Thus we can cross information (from different sources and references)
and validate the outputs.
And the better, I think, it's to do it together...

sounds good ?

Joseph, to go swiftly, what are the parts you don't include within
the Wikipedia presentation ?
I answer to your question below.

best and warmly

jerome

Le 21 juil. 10 à 16:32, Joseph Nechvatal a écrit :

> OK. I take it Jerome is offline. So I did an edit on what he had
> below. Check it out everyone before I paste it into http://
> en.wikipedia.org (or stop me if you hate this idea).
>
> I will need a sub-description (it will be hidden for the most part)
> to seperate The Thing out from the film and everything else Thingy.
> Is this OK? (Net Art Project)

seems to be good
or : Net-Artivism ?

:-)