[iDC] Introduction

Mark J Werner mark.j.werner at Colorado.EDU
Mon Sep 22 16:06:50 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

I recently joined the list at the recommendation of a colleague. I appreciate the recent bio posts about the upcoming DL14 conference. While I won’t be able to attend, I hope you don’t mind if I introduce myself.

My background is in rhetoric and technical communication. I’ve worked in a variety of areas related to that: writing, editing, usability testing, technology transition, and instructional design. I currently work at the University of Colorado Boulder in our central IT unit. My department has instructional designers, a learning analytics expert, a media designer, and a graphic designer. We tackle indeterminate (wicked) teaching and learning problems, and prototype technologies to address those problems. We try to be creative and nimble in our work, and I’m interested in finding ways to manage a group like that within a larger IT organization.

I’m looking forward to participating in this list.

Thanks,

Mark Werner
University of Colorado Boulder.