[iDC] Introduction: Kristy Milland

Kristy Milland kmilland at ryerson.ca
Fri Sep 12 13:29:30 UTC 2014

Hi all, I'm very exited to meet you in November!

My name is Kristy and I'm currently a psychology undergrad at Ryerson
University in Toronto. For the past 9 years I have been a
crowdsourcing microcontractor on Amazon Mechanical Turk, so yes, a
Turker. I've also been in some role of authority at TurkerNation.com
for about 7 years, and a member of the forum since day one. Today I
fulfill the role of community manager on the site and also on
TurkAlert.com. Since attending school I've become more interested in
researching the Turkforce, creating a foundational knowledge in who
the Turkers are, how they Turk, why they Turk, and what sort of
social justice issues they face. Since this work force spans the
world, classes, ages, races and more, it's no small feat to try to
create ethnographies and ideas for best practices. That only makes it
more of a challenge!

I'll be sitting on a panel with my fellow Turkers at the conference.
That's about all I know about our presentation right now. :)

See you in November!
Kristy