[iDC] Introduction re: Digital Labor Conference

David Hakken dhakken at indiana.edu
Mon Nov 10 19:15:05 UTC 2014

Dear IDCers
	Like others who have recently introduced themselves, I, too am a late-comer but am appreciative of the opportunity to join the conference. Trained as an anthropologist, I have spent the last 30+ years trying to figure out what can be said with empirical justification regarding the links between computing and social change. I currently direct the Social Informatics program at Indiana University Bloomington.
	The title of the book I am working on for Routledge will also be the title of my Friday afternoon talk: _After Capital? Values, Commons, Computing, and the Search for a Viable Future_.

David Hakken
Information Ethnographer
Professor of Social Informatics
School of Informatics and Computing
901 E. 10th Street, #318
Indiana University
Bloomington, IN 47408
dhakken at indiana.edu
812-856-1869 office; 812-391-2966 cell;  812-856-1995 fax

Faculty Fellow at the Department of
Computer Science and Engineering,
University of Trento, Italy
+39 327 0726570
http://www.soic.indiana.edu/all-people/profile.html?profile_id=217

Fall term office hours: M 10:00-11:00, W 1:30-2:30, or by appointment