[iDC] Evelyn Eastmond - introduction

Evelyn Eastmond evhan55 at alum.mit.edu
Sat Sep 3 15:21:48 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone,

My name is Evelyn Eastmond and I'm currently an MFA candidate in the
Rhode Island School of Design's Digital + Media department.  In my
artwork I experiment with combining traditional materials with
technology through interactivity and Internet-based data.  My
background is in computer science, having worked as a software
engineer for 7 years on the Scratch project in the Lifelong
Kindergarten Group at the MIT Media Lab.  I am passionate about
technologies for creativity, and with Scratch we tried to make
creating with technology as intuitive and fun as possible.  I hope to
continue in this line of work after RISD, continuing to work on
technological tools for artists.  One such project that I created is a
Scratch derivative called DesignBlocks: http://www.designblocks.net.

At MobilityShifts, I am going to run a Scratch workshop, hopefully
with children or teachers.  Here is my workshop's description:
http://mobilityshifts.org/index.php?cID=466

Looking forward to meeting you!
Cheers,
Evelyn