[iDC] Is there a future for the pubklic

mark cooley flawedart at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 3 12:48:07 UTC 2011

The description of a public library as a internet cafe of sorts is totally depressing. Perhaps this would work if the internet wasn't actually, well... "the internet". As it is now, the web is more like television than a book. I am continually astounded at what I CANNOT actually find on the web (at least without paying somebody). Last time this happened I walked down to the tiny library in my town and found multiple books on the subject I was researching. There is not anywhere near the depth of information on the web as there is in books - even in a small library. Also, I've never opened a book and had a hundred annoying advertisements jump out at me!

Best,

Mark