[iDC] Discussion: The Edupunks' Guide

Philipp Schmidt philipp at p2pu.org
Mon Aug 8 16:53:48 UTC 2011

It might be useful to discuss what the academy delivers today rather
than the ideas behind it. My feeling is that a lot of what Anya speaks
about resonates with the original principles and values of the
university - and a culture of learning.

The university is a crucially important institution in our modern
history, but it has many challenges and resists change. I'd rather see
this change coming form self-learners and edupunks, than from
corporations trying to maximize revenue within the current structures.