[iDC] Replacing Facebook

Geert Lovink geert at xs4all.nl
Wed May 26 21:26:38 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I certainly plan to join the Facebook exodus. I am confident a lot of
others on iDC will do so as well. It was just a matter of time,
waiting for the right moment. Now it's there: May 31.

http://www.quitfacebookday.com/

After that I am keen to discuss alternatives like Crabgrass (developed
by riseup.net) and perhaps Ning (as a commercial in-between stage for
the addicts), and many other applications and platforms that are out
there.

For me social networking is a cultural logic, a skill (for certain
times)--and a menace (in this time and age).

It is going to be a good thing that social networking sites will
evolve from large corporate platforms to flexible, scalable tools.

Greetings, Geert