[iDC] iCollege

Stian Håklev shaklev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 10:23:15 UTC 2010

I would argue that the kinds of material I have gotten access to as a result
of the OER movement (and various other movements, like the open access
movement) is much more rich and varied (I am watching sociology lectures
from Virtual University of Pakistan about the impact of Islamic educators on
sociology! never got that in school in Norway!) than I would get in a normal
university. Rather than focusing on very expensively produced common
materials for the whole country, I think we'll see an incredible range of
materials by individuals, organizations and institutions... Of course,
selecting and evaluating is going to be a challenge - a teacher can play a
role here, as can training in critical thinking, media literacy, etc. (And
of course various social tools, done carefully and thoughtfully).

Stian

http://reganmian.net/blog -- Random Stuff that Matters