[iDC] iCollege

Simon Biggs s.biggs at eca.ac.uk
Tue Jul 6 13:12:14 UTC 2010

Yes, my mistake. I should have said P2P publication sharing platform. It's
target is the domain currently dominated by Thomson but with an open source
ethic. However, it does have a premium mode. Experience suggests this is
where the intended business model lies. That is not open source but involves
a pay-wall. The question is whether Mendeley offers something new which
connects with an open source ethic or not?

Best

Simon

Simon Biggs
s.biggs at eca.ac.uk  simon at littlepig.org.uk
Skype: simonbiggsuk
http://www.littlepig.org.uk/

Research Professor  edinburgh college of art
http://www.eca.ac.uk/
Creative Interdisciplinary Research into CoLlaborative Environments
http://www.eca.ac.uk/circle/
Electronic Literature as a Model of Creativity and Innovation in Practice
http://www.elmcip.net/
Centre for Film, Performance and Media Arts
http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/film-performance-media-arts

http://www.scribd.com/doc/33693537/the-educational-significance-of-social-med>>