[iDC] Anyone using SL

Simon Biggs s.biggs at eca.ac.uk
Wed Jan 6 18:02:13 UTC 2010

Gazira Babeli¹s show at DAM in Berlin was a riot (literally). All those
hammers!

There is a lot of such good work going on in SL. In my report, mentioned
earlier, I could only mention a few examples. Alan¹s work is treated in some
detail, as is Cao Fei¹s. The latter¹s work, at first sight, seems rather
inconsequential. But to fully experience it you need to do an archaeological
dig, in SL, going down through the levels to reach the nether-regions of her
world. It takes time but is highly rewarding. Not unusual for good art
then...

Alan¹s goes the other way ­ you need to learn to fly to get the most out of
it.

Best

Simon

Simon Biggs

Research Professor
edinburgh college of art
s.biggs at eca.ac.uk
www.eca.ac.uk

Creative Interdisciplinary Research into CoLlaborative Environments
CIRCLE research group
www.eca.ac.uk/circle/

simon at littlepig.org.uk
www.littlepig.org.uk