[iDC] Anyone using SL

Andreas Schiffler aschiffler at ferzkopp.net
Tue Jan 5 16:33:38 UTC 2010

Ran across the article "Whatever happened to Second Life?"
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/features/354457/whatever-happened-to-second-life/1
Quote: "Three years on, and Second Life seems no closer to finding a
respectable reason for being than it did in 2006."

In Slashdot comments, people are dropping for various reasons, from the
lack of "combat physics" to the loss of being "free of all rules and
social restrictions". As for myself, I never found it very compelling
beyond the technical if its sheer scale and that it was cross-platform
with functional Mac and Linux clients.

My question to the list: Is anyone still using SL and if so for what?

--Andreas