[iDC] The difference between privacy and anonymity

Sean Cubitt scubitt at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Sep 28 13:56:12 UTC 2009

Hey jodi

Really wd like to reply but as I said to brian offlist I'm off on the great
silver bird back to Oz tomorrow at crack o dawn.

I think I sense a shared lack of excitement about the schiz as The Solution:
not just melting down the cartesian subject but something about how we
rebuild collectively

I rather fear the postautonomist idea of examples and models that escape
capital's organisational command is out of date: capital has evolved and
learned how to use the unusably autonomous - that's why facebook won't
overcome the e-mail list (see current discussion on nettime)

At the same time the Scratch Orchestra of the Mind is still playing its
interminable and unlistenable rave - sometimes we just have to go back.

Apart from Cornelius Cardew and Harvey matuso, we have communally the
possibility of returning to Brazil -- Illich, Freire, and others of that day
_ Flusser of course, Boal . . . - lost wonders of hope . . .. Maybe that is
the sort of place we shd be looking

sean

Prof Sean Cubitt
scubitt at unimelb.edu.au