[iDC] Digital Labour Conference in London Ontario, October 16-18

Dorothy Kidd kiddd at usfca.edu
Mon Oct 12 16:58:12 UTC 2009

Dear IDC List:
Trebor has asked me to contribute a brief report on the Digital Labour
Conference, October 16-18 at the University of Western Ontario in London
Ontario. Ursula Huws will be one of the keynote speakers, and Brian
Holmes will also be there (as will I).

http://conferences.fims.uwo.ca/digitallabour/

In comparison with the US, Canada has a more active trade union movement
which often works in coalition with other social movements, and for me,
the value of the London conference conference will be the participation
of union researchers and activists, with scholars who are studying the
shift to digital labour from the organized labour perspective.

I think this conference will complement The Internet as Playground and
Factory in New York.  I hope to meet some of you at one or the other.

Dorothy Kidd.

Associate Professor
Department of Media Studies
University of San Francisco