[iDC] ntro

jonCates joncates at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 00:54:50 UTC 2009

hallo iDC

im jonCates + i make, organize + teach experimental New Media Art

i teach + have created the curriculum for the New Media path of study in the
Film, Video & New Media Department at The School of the Art Institute of
Chicago:

http://www.saic.edu/degrees_resources/departments/fvnm/

i research + write on Media Art Histories + related subjects:

http://mediaarthistories.blogspot.com

in 2007, i initiated the Phil Morton Memorial Research Archive to archive +
freely distribute the Media Art work of Phil Morton + associated research:

http://copyitright.wordpress.com

i write on these topics for Furtherfield.org as well as in other online
platforms + printed publications:

http://blog.furtherfield.org

my projects have been presented internationally at various events in
Beijing, Madrid, Mexico City, etc; nationally in Chicago, New York, LA, etc;
+ are widely distributed online:

http://systemsapproach.net

Art Games, experimental Machinima, Computer Witchcraft, digitalPunk + Noise
music are some of the unstable categories that my work playfully navigates

in 2005 Trebor invited me to participate in the Share Share Widely: New
Media Education conference. i presented on the development of New Media
curriculum that i have created in the  Film, Video & New Media Department
since 2004

im looking fwd to lurking less + more posting/replying on iDC :)

// jonCates
Assistant Professor
Film, Video & New Media