[iDC] The ambiguities of play

Brian Holmes brian.holmes at aliceadsl.fr
Tue Jun 16 16:35:44 UTC 2009

Michael Zimmer wrote:

>  Given the need to inject chaos into Web 2.0, and promote
education
> of new users, how do we, in the words of Lovink, "avoid the double
> trap of blind technophilia and luddite technophobia"?

Net discussions are often about protocol and rightly so. But
the question of what you throw into the mix, the words, the
sounds, the images, and how you point outside the devices of
capture -- well, I'd say that's important too.

In echo and reply to Pat Kane's post yesterday, I put up a
text on the ambiguities of play:

http://brianholmes.wordpress.com/2009/06/16/games-corporations-distant-constellations

best, BH