[iDC] work, play, praxis

Simon Biggs s.biggs at eca.ac.uk
Mon Jul 6 08:38:11 UTC 2009

Hi Ken

What do you mean by a mental space? Specifically, how do you conceive the
mind? Do you regard this as being of the self (self/other as a key
differentiation) or an expanded phenomena ­ a social construct (self as
instance)? If you consider it to be the latter (your text below would
suggest you do not) then Cyberspace, as with all cultural imaginaries,
becomes a social space. How does this impact on a psychoanalytical approach
to its analysis, which often relies upon a self defined in opposition to the
other? Or would you argue against expanded conceptions of mind?

Regards

Simon

Simon Biggs
Research Professor