[iDC] Spy on Your Workers with Google Latitude

Michael Zimmer zimmerm at uwm.edu
Sun Feb 8 03:50:30 UTC 2009

Threats of surveillance by employers, stalkers, obsessive friends,
etc, have existed long before Latitude, and most methods are must
easier to employ than surreptitiously activating a service on someone
else's phone

The PI press release is a bit over the top, IMO. Although I agree with
them that GOOG should create a more persistent warning/reminder for
users that the service is active. See <http://michaelzimmer.org/2009/02/06/with-latitude-google-actually-got-it-mostly-right/

-mz

--
Michael Zimmer, PhD
Assistant Professor, School of Information Studies
e: zimmerm at uwm.edu
w: www.michaelzimmer.org