[iDC] IPF09 Conference thoughts

stmart96 at aol.com stmart96 at aol.com
Thu Dec 3 17:47:46 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone,  I want to add to the comments on the conference  in hopes of encouraging  support for future events.  I must be brief  I am afraid.   The conference  was exhausting  in the Deleuzian sense.  It exhausted me and it exhausted a broad range of  topics making room for fresh and much needed critical thinking. I loved the range of the scholarship and the intensity of most of the presentations. I deeply appreciated everyone's efforts.  I feel we only have begun to know what this field of study is or maybe that it is ever changing even as we  think it.    Of the papers I enjoyed so much  I want to point out Alexander Galloway's.   I thought it  politically brave and on that same panel  Timothy Pachirat on the slaughter of cows  This presentation was fabulous, working  from the meat to the virtual and back  was a bit startling intellectually   and the best use of ethnography I have seen in a long time.   Like others, I missed panels  but have been catching up online.   Trebor's organization of online and  elsewhere was fabulous   Really  great. The online videos and the blogging and tweeting    yes yes yes.    I would like much more  techo experimentation among us   Group work is needed.  I want it.  I do.    Patricia