[iDC] Steven j. Oscherwitz-artist

Luis Camnitzer camnitzer1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 16:43:07 UTC 2007

Hi Steve, as long there are collectors (a market), there will be producers,
and their products will reflect the culture that sponsored them. I think
that as it is, art is struggling to merge crafts with spectacle at the
expense of complex ideas. So, I don't believe the question is really about
media, but about the consumerism that is distorting the creative process and
dragging the artist out of the creative research to satisfy consumption, or
at least to find a compromise.Some collective, post-relational art is trying
to find the more idealistic answer to all of this, although it ends up
addressing more the issues of physicality than those of expanding knowledge.