[iDC] Documentary: The Next Web

Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten boris at fleck.com
Tue May 29 07:27:14 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have been listening in on the conversation here for a while. Time
to contribute something. This Friday the next Web Conference 2007 is
held here in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. I am one of the founders of
this conference and to get in the mood we did a small documentary
with Internet Influentials about the future of the web.

We didn't fly around the world to do this but simply used iChat AV
and iMovie to make a quick movie in less than a weekend. The result
is a 20 minute documentary with Tim O'Reilly from O'Reilly Media,
Steve Rubel from Edelman and Micropersuasion.com, Matt Mullenweg the
founder of WordPress, Marten Mickos the CEO of MySQL, Eric A. Meyer
(CSS and HTML guru) and Jay Adelson, CEO and co-founder of Digg.com.

We asked them the following basic questions:

1: How are you influencing or building the Next Web?
2: What will be a problem for the future of the Next Web? What will
be the next bottlenecks?
3: Will people keep investing time and effort in services if they
don't get a financial reward? And if so, why?
4: Will the web (your company) become more like traditional media
companies or will traditional media companies turn to the web?
5: What do you think is the Next big thing on the web?

Hope you like it.

PS: don't forget to wait for the Bloopers at the end of the movie...

Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten

boris at thenextweb.org
http://www.thenextweb.org

June 1, 2007