[iDC] Hello out there

Fred Turner fturner at stanford.edu
Fri May 4 20:06:09 EDT 2007

Hi All --

	The ever-resourceful Trebor has asked that I get over my reticence
and let the list know I'm on it. I'm the author of From
Counterculture to Cyberculture: Stewart Brand, the Whole Earth
Network, and the Rise of Digital Utopianism. In that book, I talk a
lot about the ways that countercultural movements of the 1960s drew
from and ultimately enabled the growth and diffusion of
military-industrial culture. Trebor and I have been talking about the
consequences of that turn for contemporary digital collaborations and
artistic activism -- I'm happy to continue the discussion here.

-- Fred Turner

Fred Turner
Assistant Professor
Director of Undergraduate Studies