[iDC] Some thoughts on Jean Baudrillard

Gere, Charlie c.gere at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Mar 13 11:38:37 EDT 2007

I am so pleased that, as William Merrin put it, the simulacrum is an
idea 'that's pretty well accepted throughout western history'. As such
it is surely unique, but I am glad (and relieved) that there is finally
something that we all can agree on.

Charlie Gere
Reader in New Media Research
Director of Research
Institute for Cultural Research
Lancaster University Lancaster LA1 4YL UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1524 594446
E-mail: c.gere at lancaster.ac.uk
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fss/cultres/staff/gere.php