[iDC] Cell phones in developing countries

Jonathan McIntosh jonnyrebellious at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 14:13:16 EST 2007

Have not posted before, been on the list for a year maybe following posts.

This topic reminded me of these articles about the other side of cell phones
and their devastating effect on the 2/3rds world and the Congo
specifically...worth a read.

"This is the story of the deadliest war since Adolf Hitler's armies marched
across Europe; a war that has not ended. But it is also the story of a trail
of blood that leads directly to you: to your remote control, to your mobile
phone, to your laptop and to your diamond necklace."

Congo: The War the World Ignores
by Johann Hari, UK Independent
http://www.sundayindependent.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=3245293

War-Devastated Congo, Your Remote Control, Playstation and Cell Phone.
AUDIO - Amy Goodman interviewing Johann Hari

-Jonathan McIntosh
www.capedmaskedandarmed.com