[iDC] viewing American class divisions through Facebook andMySpace

Alex Randall Alex at islands.vi
Mon Jun 25 17:13:09 EDT 2007

Ref NA class structure - see www.rightstuffdating.com
Like later inventions (like eharmony.com) that match people, this service
predated most of them and is limited to people who attended an Ivy league
college or seven sisters college or have advanced degrees..  It is a dating
service that selects for the top 1% of the US population. (anyone cal look
but membership is restricted)

I offer the thought that the facebook-myspace dichotomy is more complex with
restricted access services performing similar functions but have closed
memberships and are perhaps invisible to this discussion. .

Alex Randall