[iDC] Praxis-based Ph.D.s: addition to initial post

Mary Anne stanim at rpi.edu
Thu Jan 11 14:36:47 EST 2007

Upon review my previous post, I realize I should have mentioned in
section 3, where I give examples of institutions for advanced creative
study, the example we have on campus.

Rensselaer has instituted the Experimental Media and Performing Arts Center
(EMPAC). Programming has already begun, with the building set to open in
2008. EMPAC presents performances and events, supports commissions and
offers artist residences. It is a separate entity from the Arts Department,
but there will be intersections between the two, when appropriate, for
projects, research, and presentations. We imagine this will, particularly,
be the case in regards to Ph.D. research.

--Mary Anne