[iDC] theo wenner/selfportrait

Chris Byrne chris at crowriver.net
Fri Aug 17 20:10:13 UTC 2007

On 17 Aug 2007, at 18:12, info at selfportrait.net wrote:

> The site has the potential to supplant traditional galleries and
> the buyer/seller dynamic.

That'll be why there's an ad from Jeffrey Deitch on the index page? I
don't see it supplanting traditional galleries just yet... Seems this
project is based on Saatchi's "Your gallery" community which has been
going for a while: http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/yourgallery/
Saatchi makes similar claims about his project.

I think communities like this supplement rather than supplant: eBay
created a new market and new opportunities for small businesses, but
it has not replaced conventional retail.

Chris

www.arcprojects.org