[iDC] bibliography

Karmen Franinovic k.franinovic at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 06:43:21 EDT 2006

To back up this research in enactive interaction and embodied
cognition, I am sending list of relevant books and some other stuff I
am reading

- A. Clark, 1998. Being There: Putting Brain, Body, and World Together
Again, MIT Press.
- P. Dourish, 2001. Where the Action Is: The Foundations of Embodied
Interaction. MIT Press.
- H.J. Horst, 1996. Catching Ourselves in the Act: Situated Activity,
Interactive Emergence, Evolution, and Human Thought, MIT Press
- J.M. Malnar, F. Vodvarka. 2004. Sensory Design. Design and
Architecture Series, University of Minnesota Press.
- M. Mauss, 1979. "Body Techniques", Sociology and Psychology. London:
Routledge & KeganPaul. p. 97-123.
- H. Maturana, F. Varela, 1980. Autopoiesis and Cognition: The
Realization of the Living.
London: D. Reidel.
- F. Varela, E. Thompson, E. Rosch, 1992. The Embodied Mind: Cognitive
Science and Human Experience, MIT Press.
- A. Noe, 2004. Action in Perception. MIT Press.
- R. Pfeifer, C.Scheier, 1999. Understanding Intelligence, MIT Press.

 Philosophy and other stuff I am reading
- J. Gil, 1998. Metamorphoses of the Body. Minneapolis: University of
Minnesota Press.
- B. Massumi. 2002. Parables for the Virtual: Movement, Affect,
Sensation. Durham: Duke UP.
- M. Merleau-Ponty, 1969. The Visible and the Invisible (Trans. A.
Lingis) Northwestern University Press.
- S. Arakawa, M. Gins, 2002. Architectural Body. University of Alabama Press.
- W. James, 2006. Essais d'empirisme radical. Paris: Agone.