[iDC] Some things about performance

sergio basbaum sbasbaum at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 08:42:26 EDT 2006

John, Trebor, list

I can´t help asking about the relations that can traced between
informational tecnologies and digital culture (in the sense Charlie
Gere sugested in an amazing book) and art forms such as "instalation"
and "performance", these words are so intimately conected with the
values and operations of technological culture.

The instalation of a controled / calculable techno-cosmos (over the
demands of cultural openess indetermination)

The productive and efficient performance which is expected from us all
- as intelectuals, artists, lovers, workers, children, etc.

Sometimes I think that, once we are now completely immersed in this
digital environment,  such names should be changed for something that
is not so much aligned with dominant values.

Once they were not. Maybe it is time to find new labels. I even ask
myself if such words can give account of what is really happening...

best for all

Sérgio Basbaum
www.globalstrike.net