[iDC] reading list // religious mediated spaces

Saul Ostrow sostrow at gate.cia.edu
Mon Sep 11 11:21:51 EDT 2006

you seem to have a religous faith in science -  that is comparable to that of the
atheist who practices a form of religion premised on the negation of god - which is
comaparble to the anti-artist, in other words to define something by negation these days
seemingly produces oxymorons this is why I prefer the pragmaticism of agnostic - it
doesn ot much matter what motivates something  if the results/ effects are desirable -
as you are aware we are caught here in something of a language trap - there is no such
thing as science in the singular - nor do all branches of science engage in the same
methodologies , philosophies, etc.

Therefore in the context of this thread let us be agnostics in that what is determined
by science in the abstract is limited both by our means and our beliefs - as such we
sometimes move forward creating new premises and means or undermine existing ones and at
others false ones that may also result in new premises and means  or undermine existing
ones - this was the underlying premise of Ernst Mach's empiricism -