[iDC] Against Web 2.0

adam adam at xs4all.nl
Sat May 27 05:16:27 EDT 2006

isn't it all just namespace? i think the 2.0 thing just gives people something they can hold on to, encapsulates a phenomenon that they were obliquely aware of but
now it has a name it helps them understand it to some level...its the same with 'podcasting', the current use of the term has retroactively taken ownership
of a practice that many on this list have been part of for years - ie. creating downloadable audio content

being annoyed by these facts obscures the real fact that the web 2.0 or podcast movements (or whatever you want to call it) actually are achieving what many of us
have been hoping for - ie. dropping the threshold for content production and converting content consumers into content producers

isnn't complaining about whether its new or not beside the point?

adam

Adam Hyde
~/.nl

selected projects
http://www.xs4all.nl/~adam

the streaming suitcase
http://www.streamingsuitcase.com

r a d i o q u a l i a
http://www.radioqualia.net

Free as in 'media'
email : adam at xs4all.nl
mobile : + 31 6 186 75 356 (Netherlands mobile)