[iDC] mining open source II

adam adam at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 7 03:13:22 EST 2006

hi again,

In the last post I almost included a link to a collaborative  manuals repository I'm building at the moment but lost the courage as its still being
built. But what the hey..its a 0.1 but its pretty functional - the idea is that you make manual sections collaboratively and build a manuals out of the component
parts. Some you could have a manual on Ardour (for example) share the same 'What is Digital Sound' as a manual on Audacity etc...

Manuals are publishable online in your own site, and as an indexed pdf, both with your own look and feel if you prefer.

The url is:
http://www.suitcasemanuals.net

as an example of how it works with skins, here is a manual on how to make a tv transmitter:
http://www.suitcasemanuals.net/bin/view/Hardware/MiniTV

here is the same manuals with a skin for my own site applied:
http://www.suitcasemanuals.net/bin/view/Hardware/MiniTV?skin=streaming

and the manuals is actually made of 10 independent sections, some of which are shared with this manual:
http://www.suitcasemanuals.net/bin/view/Hardware/MiniFM?skin=streaming

The manual repository is mainly for documentation of FLOSS tools.

Its open to edit, and utilises free licences for documentation (GNU Free Doc by default http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt ) , and any feedback is very much
welcomed (the editor used for this does not work in safari).

adam

--

Adam Hyde
~/.nl

selected projects
http://www.xs4all.nl/~adam

the streaming suitcase
http://www.streamingsuitcase.com

r a d i o q u a l i a
http://www.radioqualia.net

Free as in 'media'
email : adam at xs4all.nl
mobile : + 31 6 186 75 356 (Netherlands mobile)