[iDC] Craig Bellamy: Political Communication

Ellis Godard ellis.godard at csun.edu
Sun Jun 25 14:19:39 EDT 2006

My master's thesis (11 years ago) labelled these three aspects as locus,
focus, and modus, respectively - governance of and within the locus of
online interactions, design and access of internet as the focus for
political activity, and use of the internet as a modus for political
activity (although I conceived of all 3 as related to social movement
activity more generally, not necessarily political).

I'm sure Bellamy's taken the ideas further than I ever would have, and I'm
under no illusion that he's aware of what I wrote or even, more generally,
that what's quoted below is hardly new, but... What's quoted below isn't
new. :)

-eg