[iDC] Collective Action

shu lea cheang shulea at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 18 05:12:25 EDT 2006

thanks for the resourcing. The scope of your 'collective action'
jumps over the divide of ping-ponging and leaps to the cross shooting
football field where aiming is focused and players multiplied.
Thanks for inviting me to join the list. maybe i say a few words here.

In a recent panel "sites and para-sites" at ICA London, a question
from the audience.  "what is the difference between flickr and
Harwood's 9 ?"
'sociable web media' and networked art. Is networked art still a
practiced genre? Keyworx, anybody?

On the digital divide and participatory surveillace, I can not help to
bring up Texas governer's virtual border patrol plan.
http://www.parapundit.com/archives/003511.html
in sports and game, we do participate.
If sociable web media would include online game environment,
i dare suggest class and race is on the equal playground.
however, bandwidth and server location do come into play.
thus the worldcup football scope..hmmm..
I refer to virtual marathon by tsunamii.net
http://www.ntticc.or.jp/Archive/2005/Opennature/Works/virtualmarathon.html

finally, the recent shutdown of UO's (university of openness) wiki
page (university of openness) due to overwhelming spam makes me
wonder-
  who rules in the collective action?

for now

sl