[iDC] "In The Field Online" Project

royston martin rdm at aber.ac.uk
Mon Jul 31 18:56:23 EDT 2006

It is good news that over time we used technology and not just brute force
to help mediate our sense of morality.
The Mesopotamians used clay, and the early Egyptians papyrus to lay down
their laws. Historically there has been no shortage of the stuff, hardware
I mean - clay, bamboo, cave walls, mud, silicon and so on. It's the
software , the alphabet, the words - which have proved a challenge.
If Erik wants free calls for all, then let's applaud it. If he's talking
about dumping more nokia, erricson, seimans, and motorola toxic clay into
the pit then let's be honest and play it from where it lies. Free hardware
is ok but bandwidth and words really count.

Royston Martin

Director of Media

UWA