[iDC] "In The Field Online" Project

John Hopkins jhopkins at neoscenes.net
Fri Jul 28 10:57:25 EDT 2006

><http://www.smartmobs.com/archive/2006/07/26/every_cell_phon.html>
>
>On MO Pocket Justin Obeman writes:
>
>"With the unfortunate events that are occurring presently in the Middle
>East I thought it would be good time to bring to your attention a little

...snip...

>extensible. As such one can basically push any piece of information -
>text, audio, graphic, picture, video from any cell phone to the web. It
>is the natural extension to citizen journalism as it creates the vehicle
>for people without internet to be able to get their voices heard on the
>internet".

On one level, sounds great; on another, sounds like "Great White
Father" (see http://itf.typepad.com/about.html) gives virtual tools
from afar to fighting children to assuage their misery -- what is the
use of a virtual tool when bombs are raining down in meatspace?
I'm suspicious of the raw use of the term "voices being heard."
After Eric Sundelof listens, what does he do then?

John