[iDC] Re: Doing away with universities?

saul ostrow sostrow at gate.cia.edu
Sun Feb 12 17:31:07 EST 2006

As with all such Idealistic -(read utopian enterprises) to make them
real or in part realizable requires work on two fronts ( perhaps a
united front) in which the form and content of the new is developed
along with rather than in opposition to the reform of the existent. One
of the great ironies of today is that capital (corporatism)  is
developing all of the forms  we once associated with socio-communism --
just as our technologies are supplying us with the tools to realize
their potential -- the problem is that at this moment the content and
structure of these forms are antithetically ordered to produce control,
scarcity and divisiveness.

  Saul Ostrow
Dean
Visual Arts and Technologies Environment
Head of Painting
The Cleveland Institute of Art